Heritage Lettings Service Ltd & Church Farm Fritchley Holiday Cottage
We take your privacy seriously and only use the personal information you give to us to provide you with the products and services you have requested. We are the data controller in respect of all personal data we collect about you. We have appointed a data protection officer who is responsible for monitoring our data protection compliance.
You do not need to provide us with personal information to browse our website.
We may collect the following information
- Name and address
- Contact information including email address
- Your preferences regarding you booking and your stay with us for example double or
twin set up, are you bringing a pet etc.
- Other information relevant to your booking and your stay with us
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Other information relevant to referencing for new tenants for Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreements for properties we let.
We collect and process your personal information & data in the following ways
- On our Church Farm Fritchley website when you visit, make, or manage a booking, when you use our contact forms for an enquiry and/or email sign up.
- On our website when you make a tenant registration for an Assured Shorthold Tenancy (AST) for one of our properties
- If you contact us by phone, email, text or otherwise, we may keep a record of our correspondence with you for record or training purposes, to improve the quality of our services and to prevent and detect fraud.
- When you enter our competitions
- We work closely with third parties for example, Online Travel Agents, and may receive information about you from them.
- For tenant applications we may receive information about you during referencing in order to accept your application.
We may use your personal Information & data in the following ways
- To administer a booking or reservation
- To administer an AST contract
- Send you emails or call you in relation to your booking, reservation, or your stay with us at Church Farm Fritchley
- To contact you after departure from Church Farm Fritchley to organise your deposit return and to ask you for a review/feedback
- Send you emails or call you in relation to your AST application and referencing and upon giving notice to leave in relation to your vacation of the property
- To send you promotional and marketing emails should you opt in to this service
- Other communications for example, responding to requests or general customer service
Sensitive personal data
We do not collect sensitive personal data (such as racial or ethnic origin, nationality, political opinions, religious beliefs etc.) unless it is volunteered by you; or if it is required to ensure our services meet your particular needs, and sometimes we may ask you for information such as your age or any disability that you may have. As with all data, it is entirely your choice whether you decide to provide this information or not. In most cases it will not be necessary for us to collect personal sensitive data, however, if it is collected it will be used to enable us to fulfil our contract with you to provide the services that you have requested, but will not be used for any other purpose.
We return holiday accommodation guest deposits via bank transfer. We will contact you after your departure to ask for your bank sort code and account number to transfer your deposit directly into your bank account. Once your deposit has been returned we do not keep or store your bank details. They are deleted. If requested, we are happy to return your deposit by cheque if you do not want to give us your bank details.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
If you opt-in to our promotional and marketing emails you will be able to opt-out at any time by using the Unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of the email. If you want to Unsubscribe at any other time, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be removed from the list.
Please Note that it is not possible to opt-out of receiving communication from us related to your bookings or reservations.
Non-disclosure to third parties
We will not share your data with any other company for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with agencies such as law enforcement or government organisations where we are required to make such disclosures by any applicable law.
We may share your data with banks and payment providers, to authorise and complete payments.
We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, agents, sub-contractors, and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our or your behalf (for example to process payments and send you emails) However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is required to deliver the service. Please be reassured that we will not
release your information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or the purposes of preventing fraud or other crime.
Please note that we do not collect any personal information for children under 16 years of age and that no child under 16 should submit any personal information to us. Should we discover that any such personal information has been delivered to us we will remove that information as soon as possible.
Retaining personal information
We retain personal information about you for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or for the duration set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
If you apply for a position with this company your details will be held on file until the position is filled. If you are unsuccessful in your application your details will be disposed of in a secure and timely manner unless you request otherwise.
Our websites use ‘cookies’ which are harmless small text files that are placed on your machine which helps the website to provide a better user experience. In general, cookies are used to retain user preferences, store information for things like shopping carts and provide anonymous tracking data to third party applications like Google Analytics.
For more information about cookies you can visit the About Cookies website.
Collecting IP addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, validation of a legitimate user session via Google® captcha and administering the Site.
We may collect non-attributable statical information about our users’ browsing actions including, where available, your IP address, operating system, and browser type, for system administration. This statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns does not identify any individual. Your IP address is a number that your Internet Service Provider
automatically assigns to the computer that you are using to access the Site. This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever users visit the Site, along with the time of each visit and the page(s) that were visited.
Links to other websites
You may contact us in writing at any time If you wish to know what personal data we still hold about you and we will comply by supplying this information within 21 days. You may also request that we destroy any such data in which event we will promptly confirm our compliance with your request, except where we are legally entitled to retain data e.g. for fraud prevention or detection purposes. To review, access, amend or update your
information please contact
Heritage Lettings Service Ltd
41 Jackson Road
This policy was updated on 1st April, 2021